Would you like to sharpen your skills in mathematics? Would you like to increase your chance of success in college math courses? Jump Start is a student centered program designed to prepare students for the Mathematics placement exam as well as their first semester math course. Jump Start is led by our Math faculty and student math tutors. Jump Start participants will work in small groups with one on one assistance from faculty and tutors. Traditionally, around 70% of students who participate in Jump Start then take or re-take the math placement test are able to place into a high level math course. If you are interested in participating in Jump Start, please register on ASAP, under Testing Services. If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com
Why participate in Jump Start?
- Three and a half day intense mathematics refresher
- Improve skills in Algebra and Precalculus
- Small group and individual instruction
- Save money and speed up time to graduation
- Take a Math Placement exam to potentially place into Precalculus or Calculus I
- Monday – Wednesday
- 9:00 am – 12:00 pm : Discussion of topics and small group instruction
- 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm : Lunch Break
- 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm : Discussion of topics and small group instruction
- 9:00 am – 10:00 am : Review of Topics
- 10:00 am – 12:00 pm : Mathematics Placement Test (optional)
Housing and Parking Information
Housing for Jump Start participants is available at the University Oaks Student Housing. Anyone wishing to utilize housing will need a money order for $90 (which is $30 per night for Monday-Wednesday). In addition, participants utilizing housing will also need to bring some sort of bedding during their stay. Parking permits are available specifically for Jump Start participants. If you do not want to pay hourly at the garage or parking meters, you must purchase a permit. Permits can be purchased through your MyParking account: https://utsa.t2hosted.com by choosing “Purchase Permit” and selecting the “Jump Start”.