Eligibility: You must be enrolled as a graduate degree-seeking student and in good academic standing during the semester you are applying for.
- Minimum enrollment of 6 hours in a long semester (fall and spring) or 1 hour in a summer semester.
Deadlines: Completed applications for the Spring semester are due by November 30th. Completed applications for the Fall semester are due by July 22nd.
To apply, submit all of the following documents to the Mathematics Department Office (FLN 4.01.10):
- Completed applications form.
- Preferably, one or more letters of recommendation addressing teaching potential.
- Your TOEFL scores (for international students only).
- Transcripts (unofficial suffice) for your bachelor’s degree and any graduate hours required for your teaching area.
- Any other information pertinent to your education and experience.
- Current, dated Curriculum Vitae or Resume.
Only complete applications will be considered
Selection process: It is to your advantage to submit your information as soon as possible. By UTSA regulations, graduate students eligible for teaching assistantships require a GPA of 3.0 or greater for the last 60 credit hours of undergraduate work; students without this requisite are conditionally accepted into graduate programs, and are ineligible for TA positions.
Candidates for TA positions will take a test. The top performers in the test will be interviewed by a selection committee. The assistantships will be granted based on performance in the test and recommendation of the committee. Once the selections have been made, you will be notified by email.
For NEW Teaching Assistants: There will be a mandatory orientation meeting for all TAs prior to the start of classes. Upon hiring you will be provided with the a copy of the guidebook to review. During the first semester, all new TAs will register for a weekly 1-hour TA Training Seminar.
For further details please contact: