The Math Lab is open and free to all UTSA students enrolled in a mathematics course. Upper division undergraduates and graduate students are available to help with any math questions.
Students taking a developmental math course, algebra, pre-calculus, or calculus I are especially encouraged to take advantage of this free opportunity.
The Calculus Lab is open and free to all UTSA students enrolled in a Calculus course. Upper division undergraduates and graduate students are available to help with any math questions.
Students taking Algebra with Calclulus for Business, Calclulus for the Biosciences, and Calculus I, II, and III encouraged to take advantage of this free opportunity.
There is only One:
Always treat others with respect!
Rules for Tutors
- Be on time.
- Come prepared with sharpened math skills.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for assistance when stomped by a math problem. We are a team! Give reasonable notice for missed shifts (Please try to give at least two hours). Greet students when they enter, and introduce yourself as a tutor.
- Remember that students are our #1 priority. If there are students in the lab we must give them 100% of our attention.Be polite and respect your fellow tutors and students.
- Follow University guidelines.
- Tutors should not help with Quizzes or Tests (Graded work only). Maintain a good learning environment.
- Food is Not Allowed in classroom
- Tutoring Lab to be Kept Neat and Clean
- No Earbuds
- Tutor with Professionalism
- Report Non-Serious Issues to ML Supervisor
- Report Serious Issues to Dr. Cody Patterson, Brenda Lujan or Rosemarie Donelson.
Rules for Students
- Be respectful and polite to the tutors and other students
- Come prepared (with book, paper, pencil, and Questions!)
- Be aware and sensitive to those around you
- Always use appropriate language and content while in the Math Lab
- Work and Talk Math- Stay on topic
- Those “socializing” will be asked to leave the lab.
- No food allowed
Dr. Priya Prasad, Math Lab and Calculus Lab Faculty Advisor, email@example.com
Matthew Schurmann, Math Lab and Calculus Lab Supervisor, firstname.lastname@example.org
Rosemarie Donelson , Student Development Specialist, email@example.com
Frequently Asked Questions
What rates are the tutors charging?
Nothing. The tutoring is free for UTSA students attending Mathematics courses, courtesy of the Department of Mathematics.
Can the tutors help me with any math course?
Not always. All tutors should be able to help you with Calculus (up to Cal III). However, some tutors can help with the more advanced material, including non-math major courses and graduate level courses.