- PhD in Mathematics with a minor in Teaching & Teacher Education, University of Arizona, Aug. 2014
Advisor: Dr. Rebecca McGraw
Dissertation Title: Connection, Motivation and Alignment: Exploring the Effects of Content-Based Mathematics Professional Development
- Bachelors of Arts in Mathematics & Religious Studies, Scripps College, May 2006
- Castro Superfine, A., Prasad, P. V., Welder, R. M., Olanoff, D., & Eubanks-Turner, C. (2020). Exploring mathematical knowledge for teaching teachers: Supporting prospective teachers’ relearning of mathematics. In A. Appova, R. M. Welder, and Z. Feldman, (Eds.), Supporting Mathematics Teacher Educators’ Knowledge and Practices for Teaching Content to Prospective (Grades K-8) Teachers. Special Issue: The Mathematics Enthusiast 17(2-3), 367–402.
Retrieve from: https://scholarworks.umt.edu/tme/vol17/iss2/3/
- Kalinec-Craig, C., Prasad, P.V., & Vallines Mira, R. (2020). Supporting elementary mathematics teacher candidates’ use of divergent formative assessment. In C. Martin, D. Polly, & R. Lambert (Eds.), Handbook of Research on Formative Assessment in Pre-K through Elementary Classrooms, pp. 226-253.
- Prasad, P.V. (2019). Using revision and specifications grading to develop students’ mathematical habits of mind. PRIMUS.
- Prasad, P.V., & Barron, V.J. (2019). Exercising mathematical authority: Three cases of preservice teachers’ algebraic justifications. The Mathematics Educator, 28(2), 3-32.
Retrieve from: http://tme.journals.libs.uga.edu/index.php/tme/article/view/408
Recently Funded Grants:
- Co-PI, DRK-12, National Science Foundation, “Reasoning Language for Teaching Secondary Algebra (ReLaTe-SA),” (PI: Cody Patterson, Texas State University), $444,474, Sep. 1, 2019 – Aug. 31, 2022.
- Co-PI, CS4All, National Science Foundation, “CS4SA-HS: Developing a collaborative of secondary computer science teachers to increase Latinx participation in CS,” (PI: Tim Yuen), $999,576. Sep. 1, 2019 – Aug. 31, 2021.